Meet Mrs. Totten

I am thrilled to join the Georgetown family this year as the STEAM Studio teacher.  I am a proud graduate of Michigan State University, however due to a lack of jobs in Michigan, my family moved to North Carolina.  I have 13 years of teaching experience in grades K-8, including 5 years in a STEM lab.  While in NC I became a National Board Certified Teacher and completed my Masters in Teaching and Curriculum through MSU.  I had the opportunity to work with the Smithsonian, won a number of grants for my classroom, and was a top 20 finalist for the teacher of the year award for Johnston County while in NC.

This past year we decided it was time to move back to Michigan and all of our family that still lives here.  We are big Michigan State fans and cannot wait to attend football and basketball games this year in East Lansing.  I will definitely miss the warm NC weather, the beach, and the beautiful mountains.

In my spare time I LOVE to read (I have read 50 books so far this year and hope to reach my Goodreads goal of 85), I am a huge college basketball fan and hope to see the Spartans do great things this year!  I love going out to eat at Chilis, Outback, and can’t wait for Chick-fil-A to come to West Michigan (best chicken ever!). I look forward to working with the families at Georgetown!

Skip to toolbar